Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

Today was one of the hottest days of the entire semester. The heat felt as though I was back in the Virgin Islands minus the wind. There was absolutely no breeze blowing. I couldn't believe that the weather went from thirty degrees straight up to a little over 80 degrees. I went outside in the morning and it felt like sixty degrees and I was happy because I haven't felt weather like this from since Spring Break in the Virgin Islands. I later heard one of my housemates verifying with everyone for the air conditioning to be turned on. I wondered why. So I then stepped out the front door and it felt close to ninety degrees with no breeze at all blowing. I immediately said, "Sam, we do need to turn on the air conditioner".

That day, everyone came home with their blazers off, faces shiny, and extremely tired. I looked at them and laughed because they definitely underestimated the power of Washington DC's bipolar weather. They didn't know that it would get so high so fast. In the afternoon, I had am American Policing class at 5:30. After seeing the weather, I didn't want to go, but the semester is almost over so I knew that I had to. Luckily, I checked my student email a couple minutes before I began to get ready because my teacher cancelled class. I jumped for joy because he made it possible for me not to have to deal with the DC heat.

Later in the night, I remember that in 2 weeks I have a research paper due for my American Policing class. So I immediately started searching for topics because I intend to get an A in the class and without a good grade on this research paper, I won't be able to get that A. I then decided to do my research paper on Information Sharing Initiatives. I think that topic good because currently, police do not have the adequate tools to share information between different states and jurisdictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment