“They are dead; but they live in each patriot’s breast, and their names are engraven on Honor’s Bright Crest.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
American Poet (1807 - 1882)
The National Museum of Crime and Punishment is an interactive museum devoted to the history of criminology and penology in the United States. It primarily focuses on forensic science, crime scene investigation, law enforcement and most importantly, the harsh consequences of committing crime. The Crime museum provides an unforgettable insight into the issues of crime and crime fighting through a fascinating, interactive, scholastic and entertaining experience. The layout and organization of the exhibits in the museum captivates the audience, forcing them to be more inquisitive about crime and their repercussions.
The National Museum of Crime and Punishment is an interactive museum devoted to the history of criminology and penology in the United States. It primarily focuses on forensic science, crime scene investigation, law enforcement and most importantly, the harsh consequences of committing crime. The Crime museum provides an unforgettable insight into the issues of crime and crime fighting through a fascinating, interactive, scholastic and entertaining experience. The layout and organization of the exhibits in the museum captivates the audience, forcing them to be more inquisitive about crime and their repercussions.
On Saturday, I visited the National Museum of Crime and Punishment. I heard so much about it, but I didn’t know exactly what to expect. I thought that it was merely a museum full of nothing but facts and stories about crimes that happened decades ago. Surprisingly, it wasn’t any of the little that I did expect. Instead of decades, the information went back centuries. I was able to learn about crimes and punishments that dated back to the year 1656 when Captain Kemble was forced against his will to sit in the Stocks for two hours where he was charged with “lewd and unseemly behavior” on the Sabbath. I found this weird because all Captain Kemble did was kiss his wife upon returning home after three long years at sea. I was correct however with the expectation of crime stories being present. One of the most interesting stories was the story of Bonnie and Clyde. The museum showcased their getaway car along with the guns that the couple used during their robberies. The fascinating thing about displaying the getaway car was the fact that it was the same one that the both were murdered in. The car was riddled with over 30 bullets. The story of Bonnie and Clyde relates to justice because they were criminals who needed to be severely punished for all the dozen or more robberies that he committed. Though they were murdered and justice wasn’t completely served in that they didn’t get incarcerated, they did get taken off of the streets.
I was extremely surprised when I found out that the museum is co-owned by America’s Most Wanted host John Walsh. The entire downstairs of the museum is the production area where is there is a live set. There was an entire forensic lab along with recordings of some of the interviews that John Walsh did. One of the most important things about the whole America’s Most Wanted ensemble was actually getting to see who is actually America’s most wanted. There were posters with pictures that explained what the person is being charged for along with the reward if captured. America’s Most Wanted relates to justice because. Another attraction that I enjoyed was the CSI lab where I learned about fingerprints, footprints, DNA and eyewitness evidence. There was also a showcase of the different tools and chemicals that are used to process evidence.
The above quote is basically about the many heroes, soldiers and crime fighters who died. It is basically saying that tho these people have died, their name still lives on in the heart of all citizens. This quote caught my attention because this a true fact even in this day and age. I enjoyed my visit to the museum especially because it helped me with deciding the career path of an FBI agent. I was able to see the weapons, safety equipment and also play interactive games that made learning about the Federal Bureau of Investigation easier. I was also able to learn about the requirements to become and agent. The National Museum of Crime and Punishments is one of the most interesting museums that I have been to and I think that everyone should visit it. It’s one of the best experiences that a Criminal Justice major can ever have!
No comments:
Post a Comment