Monday, February 28, 2011

Tornado Watch and Midterm

I woke up extremely early this morning to get ready for work. By 4:00, I was out of my bed and downstairs ironing my clothes for work. I usually check the weather forecast every morning before I leave the house so that I could get an idea of how to dress. For some reason, this morning I just looked in the area  that says right now forgetting to look in the area that says today. Right then, the weather said cloudy so I thought that I didn't really have anything to worry about. I figured that clouds won't hurt. When I got outside at about 7:00 a.m., the sun wasn't out and the ground was a little wet. When I was halfway to Union Station, it started raining and all I could think about is my flat ironed hair getting messed up. I immediately reached into my bag for my trusty ole' umbrella. By the time I got to Union Station, it wasn't raining anymore. When I got to Virginia, the weather didn't look as bad as it did in Washington, DC. I thought that was a blessing for me because I wanted to walk to work that day. I got to work on time and promptly started my work load. Later on in the day, at about 12 noon, I heard my project manager talking about a tornado watch. Tornado watch? When did this happen? Why don't I know about this? What am I supposed to do in the event that a tornado really comes? Luckily, I didn't have to leave work because I brought my own lunch. I did have to leave early however because my Critical Issues in American Law Enforcement midterm was today. Good thing I called a cab because by the time I got downstairs, it was raining cats and dogs. All I could think about was the fact that my pants weren't hemmed. What's wrong with me?

Thankfully, I was able to get to school on time. When i got there, everyone had note cards and study sheets out preparing for the exam. Me on the other hand didn't even bring my notes. All I could think about at the time was the fact that I was unprepared. Nonetheless, the professor distributed the exam. At first glance, it looked like it was going to be hard but it turned out to be a piece of cake. I was extremely happy because this particular professor only gives a midterm, a final and one research paper. That's a whole lot to base a semester grade upon huh? Therefore, I was happy because I knew that I aced the midterm. I have one more in class midterm and also an essay midterm to be turned in online. My semester goal is a 4.0 and I'm going to make it happen!

1 comment:

  1. What I would like to know is, did you get an answer to your questions about the appropriate Tornado response?

    ReplyDelete