Coat? Nope! Gloves? Nope! Boots? Negative! Today was by far one of the warmest days that I've seen in DC since I got here on January 15th. Every day since then has been filled with cold winds and iced over streets. In my books, today went down in history. I was able to leave the house at 7am wearing ballet flats and a short sleeve shirt. When I got to work, I still couldn't believe it so I said that I will see how the weather looks when I leave work. I left work at 2:30 thinking that it would be cold, but when I went outside, it still felt like spring. I almost forgot to mention that I found $20 when I was reloading my card at the Metro Station. I looked around and asked the closest person to machine but no one knew who it belonged to. So I just thought that it was meant for me; maybe I needed to be rewarded in some way.
Later in the afternoon, my Justice Seminar class visited the Supreme Court where we were able to meet Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg who is now 77 years old. Justice Ginsburg is the second female Justice after Sandra Day O'Connor and also the first Jewish female Justice. Currently, she is the oldest Justice on the bench.
Today was a short, but well enjoyed day. It would be nice if the weather stays in the 70s for the rest of the winter season, but hey, not all dreams come true. On the bright side, it's going to be in the 50s for the rest of the weekend. I will definitely accept that!
It looks like you had good field-trip weather Sian. <-- That was a joke. Enjoy the warm temperature for us both; I expect the weather in Raleigh to turn on its head at any moment. Oh, and the next time you find a bill blowing in the breeze, make a donation (i.e. to me!).
ReplyDelete